Thursday 26 April 2012

Fear-

Wow I totally forgot about this *that sounded so cruel* anyway I'm back and bringing to you my 2nd ever post. And you'd think I would be more committed right anyway lets get started?

I have a fear you have a fear we have a fear, actually everyone on this planet has a fear whether it be completely small or extremely big they are all connected in that simple why of being sacred to do and to over come the boundary to conquer that silly little or big phobia.

Anyway so I had just come back from a holiday in France with a couple friends from school and you know what you do in France you shop, eat blah blah blah and climb or visit the Eiffel Tower.
One of the friends I went on the trip with lets call her Alice, Alice's dad had recently passed away due to cancer. When her dad was younger he traveled all over the world and his last and favourite place to visit was Paris which was one of the main reasons we traveled to France in the first place. He dad has told us all amazing stories about his travels he had shown us pictures and he just had a gift to make everything seem so real and happy and just before he died he gave Alice his travel journal and told her to live her life to the fullest.

 We had been in Paris for about a week and were coming to the end of our little holiday and had one last thing to do which was visit the Eiffel Tower. We all knew that Alice was dreading this moment you see she had a large fear of heights she wouldn't even let us swing her to high on the swing so you could imagine how hard this was for her. We got the Eiffel Tower and were standing under it and it was amazing the buzzing of people around us, the men trying to sell the little Eiffel Tower key-rings hanging at our elbows, a few of my other friends had gone off to grab some breakfast so I started talking to a french women about the best way to get up the tower. When I had finished I turned around to find Alice gone I looked all around but couldn't find her eventually I found her sitting on a seat behind all the business of the people near a small park.
 She had told me that should wouldn't go up, that she knew how much it would mean to her father but she wouldn't she couldn't. We sat there for awhile and I kept asking why I didn't completely understand I thought she'd want to do it for her dad. She finally replied 'I need him, he's the only person that can help me to it he was always there he always told me that fear was only as deep as the mind allowed'. I sat there on the bench for awhile just thinking about what she had just said and answer with the exact words her father last said.'Live life to the fullest' I asked her if her father would really be proud if she gave up? He had been saying these words for 15 years to her telling her each time the same thing, Your wrong I said it wasn't your father that helped you achieve all these things it was yourself, he just guided you until he finally thought it was time to let you go on by yourself he is right up there yelling at you to get up and go to make him proud all by yourself. Don't make him regret letting you go show him he did the right thing he helped you until you'd learn't enough to fly on your own.

At the end of the day we had gotten to the top of the Eiffel Tower it was absolutely beautiful it over looked what felt like was all of Paris. I looked over at Alice she stood there going through her bag I walked over and asked what she was doing. She finally pulled out her fathers journal and flipped all the way to the back pulled out something and started walking around the all the people to a spot near the rails which over looked the Champ de Mars a large park, she just stood there smiling I walked over and looked down at what she was holding it was a picture of her father in the exact stop 20 years ago.

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.You must do the thing which you thing you cannot do.
Eleanor Roosevelt-

Fear is just a figure of your imagination, there is no such word as can't. The only people that do use it are those filled with it and there is always a cure for fear.




Blair 

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That was an incredible post. Simply amazing. I especially love the last two sentences.. "there is always a cure for fear" Amazing! I really hope you keep on posting! And thanks for the follow :]

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that really was a great post. loved every word of it! You have a real gift for writing!

    ReplyDelete